Thread: THE NORMAL HEART (Ryan Murphy from Larry Kramer HBO 2014)

Threaded View

THE NORMAL HEART (Ryan Murphy from Larry Kramer HBO 2014)

Ryan Murphy: THE NORMAL HEART (adapted by Larry Kramer from his own 1985 play for HBO, 2014)

RUFFALO, BOMER FOR W MAGAZINE-"Ruffalo wears a 
Rag & Bone sweater. Bomer wears a Burberry Brit henley"

[Wanted to set up a separate place to talk about the HBO film and Kramer and the AIDS cricis in film and shift our discussion of this HBO film of Larry Kramer's THE NORMAL HEART.]

Start of this discussion from cinemabon May 26 on the "Musings on Cinema" thread:

cinemabon

So little chance to watch anything...

I watched "The Normal Heart" last night on HBO (Premiere). Basically a film of the autobiographical play by author Larry Kramer. The story takes place in New York between the years 1981 to 1984 when the AIDS crisis began to rear its ugly head. The film stars a strong cast - Mark Ruffalo, Matt Bomer, Taylor Kitsch, Jim Parsons, Julia Roberts and Alfred Molina. I found the performances strong and compelling. Critics - not so much. Produced by Brad Pitt, the acting is superb in my book - better than "Beyond the Candelabra" but what do I know, a nobody from nowhere. Still, if cinema means anything to us, it is the what we experience when we watch. The cry of so many anguished and forgotten victims of this terrible crime against humanity demand to be heard. This film gives them voice.

I have weekly meetings with my editor. My novel is under construction. No fluff self delivered project this time. I'm being "guided" toward a professional product. We shall see the nibblers come this fall. I think of you - especially you, Chris - often. Take care, Cinemabon.
    Colige suspectos semper habitos
    Last edited by Chris Knipp; 05-31-2014 at 01:45 PM.