PDA

View Full Version : Titanic 2- What is James Cameron thinking!?

Ixtlitlxochitl
06-06-2004, 02:58 AM
I cant believe a sequel to Titanic is being made. Why must every blockbuster have a sequel to drain money from unsuspecting viewers!?

Titanic 2 (production name) will take place immediately after the Titanic disaster. It will follow the life of Rose after the accident, and how she finds new love, of course she has flashbacks of Jack, she goes to the rollercoaster, etc.

Now that it is *fact* that this movie has begun production, it has also been revealed James Cameron is directing it!

www.titanic2.com

Of course, millions of people will see it just because it is the sequel to the #1 grossing movie of all time, but will it really be worth it? Probably not! Sequels these days just arent cutting it!

I for one will not pay to see this movie.

oscar jubis
06-06-2004, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Ixtlitlxochitl
I cant believe a sequel to Titanic is being made, it has also been revealed James Cameron is directing it!

I'd trust Mr. Cameron to make it worth your time and money. Don't tell me you came out of The Abyss, T1 and T2, or Titanic regretting the expense.

Ixtlitlxochitl.
Is that Nahuatl?
What does it mean?

Johann
06-08-2004, 12:33 PM
Cameron is obsessed with the Titanic legend. He holds the record for most dives to the wreck. This "Titanic 2" doesn't surprise me in the least. It might be a good movie- as oscar pointed out, Cameron is no slouch. He doesn't make crappy films.

Ghosts of the Abyss is worth a rental. The new shots of unseen parts of the wreck make it worth it- the part where Paxton's submersible approaches the bow is etched in my mind because you get a clear idea of how HUGE that ship was- but that may be lost on TV- I saw it in IMAX and it was very impressive. The film lacks punch. Paxton is annoying, Cameron is a grump- I believe the stories of him being a dominating boss.
The special effects are OK, but used too much. You'll see what I mean if you check it out.

As for Titanic 2, I'm actually interested. We'll see how it turns out.

HorseradishTree
06-13-2004, 05:41 PM
You're shitting me. This is real? I'm off to go chop off three of my limbs.