PDA

View Full Version : Hero, Zhang Yimou

anduril
05-07-2004, 03:26 AM
Here's the link for the trailer of the new Zhang Yimou movie, Hero, starring Jet Li:

http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?id=1267276&sdm=web&qtw=640&qth=400

Quentin Tarantino presents, and producer the same as Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

oscar jubis
05-08-2004, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by anduril
the new Zhang Yimou movie, Hero

Well, Hero is two years old. The new Yimou is ready for its Berlin premiere. I've watched Hero several times on dvd and can't wait to hear an audience gasp and sigh in awe at the gorgeous images conjured up by the filmmakers. My kids keep asking me to play specific scenes over and over. Any definite release dates?

anduril
05-08-2004, 02:56 AM
Faux pas on my part I guess. Sorry, didn't realize that it was two years old now. In any case, this is its North American release for those on forums who are not as in touch with foreign release dates.

anduril
05-08-2004, 02:57 AM
I have August 20th on record for the American release.

oscar jubis
05-08-2004, 03:08 AM
Thanks for the info. My aim was to point out how film distribution in North America lags behind the rest of the world. That's why you can often by the import dvd version of many foreign films before they come to our screens, if they do at all. I plan to start an "Import dvd" thread. Curious as to the level of interest here.