PDA

View Full Version : Tron: Legacy

Johann
10-19-2009, 12:08 PM
This film is slated for release almost exactly one year after James Cameron's Avatar, and the trailer looks very very interesting.
Joseph Kozinski directs, who's also associated with the remake of Logan's Run. Jeff Bridges and Bruce Boxleitner are back, reprising their roles as Kevin/CLU & Alan/TRON.
John Hurt and Michael Sheen are also listed on the imdb as cast members.
The original film was good, as far as my memory recalls.
I haven't seen the original Tron in over 20 years.
I should rent it again, to see how good/bad it is.

For this new film (franchise maybe in the works?) the special effects are by Quantum Creations FX and the trailer looks great.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HcsDc_9LX8

cinemabon
10-20-2009, 06:27 AM
The trailer received a standing ovation from the sci-fi crowd at LA's CON this summer. However, the market is probably soft on this film. The original TRON is now also hopelessly dated as computers and graphic programs have gone miles beyond the "users" vs "programmers" theme in the original film. Simply play the video game "World of War" and be blown away by graphic details that make TRON look like a silly elementary school project. That's only one game among hundreds produced each year by the gaming industry that no longer has quarter swallowing machines for its base. The days of the arcade are lost in the disco era, when TRON was produced. My son asked me about TRON. When I explained it to him, his eyes glazed over.

Jeff Bridges looks funnier and more on target in his latest release, "The men who stare at goats."