PDA

View Full Version : SOUTH OF THE BORDER (Oliver Stone)

Johann
10-14-2009, 10:18 AM
I found a trailer for Oliver Stone's South of the Border, a probe into leaders in nations south of the United States, most prominently Hugo Chavez.

Oliver Stone gets the proper story, no matter what film project he does. Just watch him work. Listen to him. He speaks the truth.
There is a paranoia with America in regards to demonizing leaders from other countries. Listen to the brief snippets of dialogue with some of those leaders- Stone gets in there and unearths the realities of these things. No varnish. No Hollywood gloss. It's his prism, his filter, but it's all pure. All genuine.

People who can't see that are not intelligent. Period.
I will always defend Oliver Stone.
I was an Infantryman and so was he.
I love cinema and so does he.
I understand what he's doing and I'm perpetually in awe.
To tag him and Michael Moore as traitors or haters of what America stands for is simply dumb and ignorant.
They are real Americans because they have the will and vision to get to the heart of what ails and cripples America.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwhau48LUAA

www.youtube.com/watch?v=I10Dv_s8FVA&feature=related

Johann
10-16-2009, 10:39 AM
Speaking of leaders, Stephen Harper is 20 feet from me as I type this, at the Toronto Reference Library (best in the city) and I'm amazed at the blandness and dull cunning he posesses. He's stumping here, in full election mode, and I just wish all the OPP cops here would take him on a "moonlight tour" like they do to so many helpless freaks they don't like.

I hate Stephen Harper. Hate him. Can't stand him.
He's a complete tool to me, a guy who thinks he smarter than everybody else and has no soul.
It's all smoke and mirrors with Steve, a real political game.
Slimy and slippery, stupid and stunned, like a C**T.

It sounds bad talking about a Prime Minister like that, but we don't have anybody flying the plane here in Canada.
At least you guys have Obama, who's switched on.
Harper's power bar went out with the breakers about 3 years ago. No one's bothered to look under the computer desk to fix the problem. New everything needed: a leader with vision, cool hair, cool wardrobe & swagger, and a clue about what this country needs and deserves....

We'll be waiting a long F'n time for that....