PDA

View Full Version : The Fantastic 4: RISE of the Silver Surfer

Johann
07-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Tim Story is doing good by The Fantastic Four.
I loved "Rise of the Silver Surfer"
I really liked the first film.
It wasn't earth-shatteringly great, but I liked it a lot.
Fanboys hated it. Everytime I talk to a comics fan about it they love to point out how wrong Dr. Doom is.
I don't know what's the big deal- he's fine. Sure he could be way more intimidating, but he serves his purpose.
Could it be possible that Marvel and Tim Story have got some insane movies coming up, making Doom even MORE menacing and diabolical?
When he gets on the Surfer's board after he and the 4 worked to get him off it, that was some great sfx and great plot-turning-on a-dime.

The Surfer is rendered beautifully.
Who has any complaints about Norrin Radd?
That's right- they did it perfect. They had to, or the fans would've been out for blood. You don't mess with the Surfer, dude- he's the most powerful hero in comics. His mere presence affects planets. They die within 8 days after he goes near them.
He's a Sentinel, with COSMIC powers.
We never see Galactus, but we feel him, we notice him.
That sfx sequence when his apocalyptic clouds bear down and Norrin says "I ain't gonna work for no soul-suckin' jerk" was awesome in the best sense of the word.
I felt like I got my money's worth with this second FF movie.

The Silver Surfer movie should be one of the best comic book films ever created, based on what we were shown. Can't wait.

Johann
03-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Alex Proyas' Silver Surfer is in TALKS for production, with release slated for 2009.

I hope Proyas takes on the project. He's a Master:

The Crow
Dark City
I, Robot