PDA

View Full Version : The French César awards

Chris Knipp
02-26-2007, 09:03 PM
This will be a follow-up for those who've been reading my Film Leaf's Rendez-Vous with French Cinema and NYFF postings the past couple years. I've posted reviews on the site of most of the following films.

THE CÉSARS 2007

Best Actor: François Cluzet (Tell No One/Ne le dis à personne)

Best Actress: Marina Hands (Lady Chatterley)

Best Supporting Actor: Kad Merad (Don't Worry, I'm Fine/Je vais bien, ne t'en fais pas)

Best Supporting Actress: Valérie Lemercier (Avenue Montaigne/Fauteuils d'orchestre)

Meilleur espoir masculin: Malik Zidi (Les amitiés maléfiques/Poison Friends)

Meilleur espoir féminin: Mélanie Laurent (Don't Worry, I'm Fine)

Best Director: Guillaume Canet (Tell No One)

Best French Film: Pascale Ferran (Lady Chatterley)

Best First Film: Isabelle Meugault (I Think You're Very Handsome/Je vous trouve très beau)

Best Documentary: Karl Zéro, Michel Royer (Dans le peau de Jacques Chirac/Being Jacques Chirac)

Best Original Screenplay: Olivier Lorelle, Rachid Bouchareb (Days of Glory/Indigènes)

Best Screen Adaptation: Pascale Ferran, Roger Bohbot, Pierre Trividic (Lady Chatterley)

Best Music Written for a Film: M (Matthieu Chedid), Tell No One

Best Short Film: Marilyne Canto (Pleasant Dreams/Fais de beaux rêves)

Best Cinematograply: Julien Hirsch (Lady Chatterly)

Best Décor: Maamar Ech Cheikh (OSS 117 - Le Caire nid d'espions/Cairo Nest of Spies)

Best Sound: François Musy, Gabriel Hafner (The Singer/Quand j'étais chanteur)

Best Editing: Hervé de Luze (Tell No One)

Best Costumes: Marie-Claude Altot (Lady Chatterley)

Best Foreign Film: Little Miss Sunshine (Jonathan Dayton, Valerie Faris)

Days of Glory is returning to NYC, and Avenue Montaigne is currently showing there. Tell No One and Don't Worry, I'm Fine will be showing in the Rendez-Vous with French Cinema. Cairo Nest of Spies and Being Jacques Chirac and Lady Chatterley I haven't seen. Lady Chatterley was at the Berlinale and is a big critical success. I Find You Very Handsome was at the 2006 Rendez-Vous and Les amitiïés maléfiques/ was the 2006 NYFF. Malik Zidi among other films can be seen in Ozon's Water Drops on Burning Rocks .

Variety
article (http://www.variety.com/awardcentral_article/VR1117960100.html?nav=news&categoryid=1985&cs=1) on the awards...

Chris Knipp
02-26-2007, 09:11 PM
For festival coverage where the French films mentioned above are reviewed go here. (http://www.filmwurld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=251)