PDA

View Full Version : ELVIS by the Presleys

Johann
04-20-2006, 12:39 PM
I saw this on Bravo the other night.
Best doc on the King I've ever seen.

It was very very personal. It was hosted by Priscilla and I got a little teary eyed in a couple spots.

Edited by three people, it is a portrait of Elvis from those who knew him best: his inner circle of Priscilla, Lisa, Priscilla's parents and really close friends & father Vernon.

It shows just how emotional & fragile Elvis was, along with his incredible stage presence & voice.

They don't shy away from his prescription drug problem or the countless women he had on the go. Priscilla puts it all in perspective and I believe she's telling us the truth because she says she still loves Elvis and how deciding to leave him was the hardest thing she ever had to do.

The rare film clips are priceless. A goldmine for Elvis fans.

I was so excited seeing him in a 70's clip where he's singing
I'm a napalm bomb- I'm gonna blow your mind

Who knew that Elvis sang about Napalm when Vietnam was raging?

Or that he and Priscilla took LSD and stared at their fishtank for hours?

The '68 Comeback Special clips that were never broadcast was sheer nirvana. This was the show/concert of his career if you ask me.

He looked like a trillion bucks: BLACK LEATHER, a sweet-lookin' guitar and bringin' the absolute best voice & stage antics he could offer.
If you don't get pumped up watching the '68 Comeback then you shouldn't be allowed to listen to music.
You should be bitch-slapped and burned at the stake with your Justin Timberlake & Christina records.

Elvis was on absolute fire that night.

This film is a must-see for anybody who loves music or Elvis.

Priscilla ends it beautifully:

I will die defending his legacy.
Because he deserved it.

oscar jubis
04-20-2006, 01:13 PM
Very inspiring and informative. Thanks Johann. I have BRAVO and didn't know about this doc (blame it on Turner and Sundance channels). This doc is available on dvd now. It's on my queue at Netflix. Elvis is (still) King!