PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead at 2005

HorseradishTree
12-26-2004, 12:08 AM
So, what are you guys looking forward to for next year? Personally, I'm stoked for the wave of evidently superior comic book movies to be released: Elektra, Constantine, Robert Rodriguez's Sin City, and Nolan's Batman Begins. Others include The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (God, they'd better not mess this one up) and Michael Moore's Sicko.

arsaib4
12-31-2004, 02:35 PM
I still gotta see a couple more films from '04 but I'm looking forward to the upcoming year. Hopefully it'll turn out a little better because this year which certainly started out on a promising note is ending with some very disappointing American films.

Can't wait for Malick's The New World, Nolan's Batman Begins, Terry Gilliam's The Brothers Grimm among others.

Johann
03-17-2005, 11:09 PM
Roman Polanski's Oliver Twist is released in September.
Can't wait.

Polanski says the characters will be larger than life.

And The Fantastic Four looks KILLER.

arsaib4
03-25-2005, 12:40 AM
Finally got a chance to see the preview (or making-of) of Robert Rodriguez's Sin City (mentioned above by Horseradish Tree) and I was pretty much blown away by the visual intensity of the frames. It simply looks gorgeous. I'm hoping that the long list of names this film boasts won't get lost along the way with any semblance of a narrative. Androids of the graphic novel tell me that the 3 books adapted for this film are "Sin City," "The Big Fat Kill" and "That Yellow Bastard," not "A Dame to Kill For." I'm not sure if anyone here was aware of that. I've always admired Rodriguez's ability for creating low-budget stylish products in his backyard resembling or even passing many of the behemoths Hollywood has produced in recent years. Rodriguez's good friend Mr. QT has also directed a segment of Sin City so that should be interesting. I haven't been this giddy about a "Hollywood" film for a long time.

Pics: 1 (http://www.moviegoods.com/Assets/product_images/1020/221757.1020.A.jpg) - 2 (http://img36.exs.cx/img36/8603/sincity-1.jpg)

tabuno
03-25-2005, 10:05 PM
Like the cartoon genre before it when X-rated cartoons came out, Sin City finally brings to the screen the Superhero/Detective Mystery Comics to the big screen with live action (instead of comic format). But the visual effects and the grimy approach make this movie a fantastic opportunity to display the possibilities of making comics manifest into harsh reality. The dazzling trailers offer glimpses into what could be the innovative, specularly different movie of the year (like Passion of the Christ of last year).