PDA

View Full Version : A brand new film forum

wpqx
11-26-2004, 11:12 PM
I know this might sound tacky, but I joined this site today as the first member, aside from the two admins. Other than a Kickboxer review, nearly every other post is mine. So I welcome all people here to peddle their opinions there, and perhaps we can build an intelligent film site, similar to this one. That and I'm sure many of you are looking to find another place to shout out your opinoins that you've already told everyone about here. Since I am one of only three members, I can't tell you what its going to be like, but with intelligent people posting (like the members here) we can build something worthwhile.

BTW it is not my site, nor do I stand to gain anything from its success, I'm just excited about starting something new. That and its getting lonely having 90% of the threads.

wpqx
11-26-2004, 11:13 PM
shit I forgot to link the site

http://vandammage.proboards25.com/index.cgi

arsaib4
11-26-2004, 11:55 PM
Hell, if Angelina Jolie is moderating this forum then I'm definitely there!

cinemabon
11-27-2004, 12:05 AM
Why call it "The Board of Movies," which I regard as rather peculiar. I really do not believe for a second that the film actress Angelina Jolie is a moderator either. I believe the site should be called, "Bored of Movies" and dedicate itself to honesty first.

tabuno
11-27-2004, 12:32 AM
What is the purpose and distinction for another website on film? I find it a waste of time having to go to another site unless there really is something useful different, if not why waste the time and bother posting anything twice to the same people? Will this new site just compete and take away from this site? Will this new site be able to pull in more people, but from where, and who?

arsaib4
11-27-2004, 12:32 AM
I was very disappointed when FOREIGN FILMS.com recently closed it's forum section (many of the members from that site now post here more often) but I'm proud to say that I was one of the few who started posting there on a regular basis when there wasn't going on before many others joined in and made it a healthy place to be. Instead of trying to find new places I think we can work together and make this site an even better place than it already is.

wpqx
11-27-2004, 01:31 AM
So nobody is on board then? I'm just somewhat excited about helping to build a new site. I wasn't in on the ground floor of this or foreignfilms.com, but I'd like to think I contribute. Either way, right now it looks ridiculous having all but two posts on the site. That and the only other member of the site is someone I got to join. So if nothing else, tell me my opinions are worthless on whatever films I post.

tabuno
11-27-2004, 04:54 PM
What will this new site be about?

How would it be different?

Why should somebody join?

Answers please.

wpqx
11-27-2004, 07:55 PM
1. Well this site will be about whatever the hell you want it to be about. The only content there is what I have posted, so it is virgin territory.

2. Probably won't be too different, although it is currently set up more for discussion on specific films, rather than just simplified list posting.

3. Join to help build something.

and if all this doesn't work for you, then bring more people to THIS site. The traffic through here is pretty sad. Now I'm not saying lets get 10000 members posting here on a daily basis, but if everyone tries to bring one or two knoweldgeable people here, then we might be in business. So pardon me if I was excited about starting someting new. I have been busy trying to recruit for this site, so by all means if you love filmwurld, then help make it better and bring some new blood in.

arsaib4
11-27-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by wpqx
So if nothing else, tell me my opinions are worthless on whatever films I post.

WPQX, there is no need for this, no doubt that you are an extremely knowledgeable person and I've learned from your reviews, but it's not easy for everyone to post on a regular basis on more than one site, especially if one isn't near a computer all the time. I just joined that site today and I'll try to post there.

tabuno
11-27-2004, 10:57 PM
The first impression of this website, its appearance and lay out is creative, fun, playful. I don't know if I'll be around it much - it depends on what happens and who and what's talking. It may be a bit too intellectual for me.